Sheer Thoughts
I attended a Toastmaster's meeting tonight in my new town. I attended as a guest two times prior, and had decided to become a member. There are noted, award winning speakers in this group, and I specifically joined to learn from top notch people. The atmosphere is lighthearted, yet, intent on helping each other attain confidence in speaking to others and groups, with gentle criticism. I am excited to embrace a new circle of friends and become a welcomed part of something. My own endeavor. Nurture myself at this troubled time. Not waiting for someone else to care about me. To care about myself as I am a good woman. I am, a natural born nurturer and I nurtured my husbands enough when they needed it, (or so I thought). Yet, they shorted me of this technique when I needed it.
I have enjoyed my drives around this capitol city and have even been in awe at how nice the neighborhoods are situated among natural vegetation and tree lined streets. There are lovely parks within walking distance of my townhouse. The "countryside" is located 4 miles from home. I discovered this on one of my accidental drives. I appreciate access to local shopping and activities without a half hour drive to somewhere, which is how my small town, of which I just moved from, was situated. I can see myself living here for a long time. However, my lease is ending in October, and I shall be decisive at that time.
I certainly learned that life is change. From January to April, my marriage changed to a divorce. (sigh here.)
I have enjoyed my drives around this capitol city and have even been in awe at how nice the neighborhoods are situated among natural vegetation and tree lined streets. There are lovely parks within walking distance of my townhouse. The "countryside" is located 4 miles from home. I discovered this on one of my accidental drives. I appreciate access to local shopping and activities without a half hour drive to somewhere, which is how my small town, of which I just moved from, was situated. I can see myself living here for a long time. However, my lease is ending in October, and I shall be decisive at that time.
I certainly learned that life is change. From January to April, my marriage changed to a divorce. (sigh here.)
Comments