Fading Away

  So, there it is. Mom moved 10 days ago and my brother followed a few short hours later. She by airplane with another brother, he by truck and trailer with a brother in law. Both of their journeys were without incident. Apparently, Continental Airlines treated mom well, and gave her much attention. My brother's truck held out for the trip and no inclement weather hindered them, the whole time. So, my mom is staying with my sister in WI, and Bro is staying with his daughter in MN, temporary for them both until they get their own digs. My mom was to go into an assisted living facility, but they declined her application due to her challenged walking and need for an electric scooter. Really? Really? so, they are off to look at other facilities in my hometown, Austin, MN. (Yes, the home of Hormel). Yes, I've heard all of the jokes about Spam, you can imagine. It's okay. (smile here).
  While talking to my sister on the phone, (the one who is housing mom, temporarily), I had to work really hard on NOT letting irritation ring into my voice. She asked me about mom's house on the market, and if there has been any lookers, "Ya know, she's going to need that money from the sell of her house."  I simply said, "I haven't talked to her realtor yet, but I'll call him. Ya know, it's a really shitty, shitty time of year to list a house." She seemed to acknowledge that. The following day, I did leave him a message and asked if anyone has looked through it. She did price it to sell, about 12K less than the comps. So, we will see what happens. But I was a bit surprised that my sister would think there would be activity yet. Guess it does not hurt to ask, and ya never know.
  My roomie and I hit it off famously, despite our age difference. Plus, we both seem quite active, so we do not cross paths that much. This renting is going okay so far, and I am looking forward to catching up with bills, and breathing a bit easier.
  Derek is in full swing with his new girlfriend. I am so, so glad I did not give him my heart. He seemed to acclimate to the first woman who expressed interest in him, which is understandable, if a "nonrelationship" isn't suiting your needs. My heart is fine, not broken, not sad, "not ta." I am glad I am secure within myself, (in general, that is.) Otherwise, you all would be listening to me whine and moan about another broken heart. Lucky me, lucky you. (smile here).

Comments

Claire M. King said…
Is the font better, hub and kden?
Grumpy said…
What, you're not worried about my eyes? The font looks fine.

I'm not sure there is a good time to be selling a house anymore.
Claire M. King said…
I am worried about your eyes grumpy. (Ha!) However, hub and kden mentioned my last posts were a challenge to read due to the font.
Anonymous said…
House sales in my recent area are taking six months, less where I live now.

Your font looks small but okay.

I have learned that Life is not always direct, there's a lot of starts and stops. And detours and inquisitive in-laws.
kden said…
Yep, the font is good for this old gal, ha.

Glad to hear things are going well for you. And I would have difficulty in being patient too with a sibling waiting for a house to sell. Unfortunately, she could be waiting awhile.
Anonymous said…
To let you know. I have responded to your comment on "Soon A Cold Wind" Thanks, your comment was interesting.