Smudges

This is the week of my family reunion. I had approved, vacation, time off to attend this event...long before my pending divorce was in place. Now, I am uncertain and unenthusiastic about the whole ordeal. Remember, I have not shared my current situation with more than 4 or 5 people of my family. I know families embrace each other and all, but it is hard for me to try and explain this situation. The questions.."what happened?" "what went wrong?" 'we thought you two were so happy.?" Can I simply answer by saying, "I don't know, I don't know, I don't know?"
Suddenly I was frustrated, always. Suddenly I was "put upon", always. Suddenly I saw that my husband was out for himself, not us, always. Suddenly, I found myself disappointed, always. Suddenly, my frustration turned into anger...way too often. Suddenly, I was unhappy.
How do you share this circumstance with your family, when, at the reunion of 2007, the soon to be, ex husband & I , had just broken our relationship of living together, of 6 years? After that June of 2007, he and I continued to connect, disconnect, reconnect, disconnect, etc...and then after 7 months of that, he proposed and I said "yes". Enthusiastically!
Here we are again. This time, I do not believe there will be any reconnecting, as sad as it is, ending a marriage and all this way. Ending a marriage with little cause, I think. But I don't know. This is smudged in very many ways. I cannot see this situation clearly, at all, this time.

Comments

kden said…
Boy that is a tough one. So hard to explain why 'suddenly' things turned the way they did. I am such a chicken I wouldn't go but that just postpones the inevitable. Whatever you do, make it good for YOU. State the fact and answer the 'what happened' by saying "well, that's just the way it goes sometimes", and walk away. If they want dirt, don't give it to them, that will just fuel more questions and answers that you can't answer.

I should not dispense advice before 8:00 am. Just do what is comfortable to you. You are not there to put on a show for anyone or to make anyone feel better about your divorce. Let us know how it turns out.
Claire M. King said…
kden, thank you for your blog checks and comments. They make me smile, and think and smile again.
Grumpy said…
To those who ask questions, I would just tell them you prefer not to talk about it just yet. They're family, chances are they will be supportive.