The Observation Deck

 I just finished rereading some posts from my favorite blog authors; bill, kden, grumpy and hub. I enjoy them very much. I was glad to read that bill attended a speaking gig with his son, and I was enchanted by his post of speaking to medical students with Ann. I can see him sitting there, in front of those 14, wanna be doctors, talking with wise words in a gentle, yet direct fashion. I can see him being honest and descriptive, when sharing the challenges and fears of catching that next breath. Yet, he doesn't allow himself the credit he deserves for painting those pictures with words. He is a better author than he realizes. He does far more than, "ramble."
 I reread some of kden's posts, too. As I have the pleasure of knowing her in person, I can see her sparkle shine through her words. I smile all the time as I read her posts. Though, even before I met her in person last summer, her words had that affect on me, and, likely, you too. That is why we continue to follow her. She makes me excited for her Alaska trip to take place. Her excitement flourished with her writing. I relate to her concerns about her daughter's emotions during these teenage years, and I can FEEL her concern through her words. She can evoke smiles, lightheartedness, concern, frustration, anger and the like, with her script. Her writings were so intriguing, she was invited to blog for another site. That is an accomplishment.
 In reading grumpy's posts, I can tell he is someone who checks facts prior to posting. He strikes me as intelligent, and that happens with his terminology. He uses humor to deliver current events in a rare, enjoyable fashion. I love his blog statement..."You're entitled to your opinion, even though you're wrong". I laughed like crazy the first time I read that and knew instantly, this guy is either a smart ass, arrogant, or a "should have been comedian." Turns out, he is all of those. (laugh here). What a talent he has for making us laugh...all of the time...no matter what the topic of choice. Yet, look at his seriousness and honor he portrays by posting, "Hero of the Week". We will be laughing and breaking stitches one day, and the next, praying for those fallen soldiers because he simply had an idea to do that.
 Don't Unplug Your Hub...whom I refer to as hub, has a very unique style with words. I can almost hear his accent through his words when I read his blog and catch some of his unique phrasing. He portrays his intriguing talents in such a way, I want to go see his home. I want to see the artwork and projects scattered about. I want to hear him sing in person and watch those ladies twitter their eyes at him. Yet, you can tell through his writing, he is a gentle soul. He is confident enough to publish a book. I hope to buy a copy some day. I find that brave of him to do that.
 I cannot, quite, explain why this post subject came to my mind, at these wee hours of the morning. People with common sense are sleeping, and probably have been for hours. I know that since June, when I started compiling another newsletter for my Toastmaster Club, and since I was helping Derek with his social media sites and business website content, I rediscovered my appeal in writing, an interest beyond blogging. I remembered when my kids were in preschool and I, an active parent with them, wrote and published a monthly newsletter for the kids and parents. I loved it! I loved the creativeness of it. I enjoyed starting from scratch...blank paper became a three page hand out. Then, computers were not in every one's home as they are now. I used a typewriter for printing and my own, freehand drawings to add character. I still have a few copies tucked away, and I chuckle at them now.
 Since my job resignation, and a bit before, Derek and another friend told me I should turn my blog into a book. I didn't take it very seriously, and still don't...but, I started copying and pasting my posts onto word documents...just in case. I noticed on my facebook site, my former co worker, of whom I shared my blog link with, posted...for the public to see..."Margi, I miss you too and I read some of your blog again. You should turn it into a book." I swallowed hard and a queasy feeling grew in my stomach. Only about eight people know of my blog. Here, she mentioned it to 514 of my social media friends! Funny thing is, I haven't deleted her comment , yet. I want to see if there is a reaction first. Remember, when I started this blog two years ago, I was a sullen, almost divorced, person. Many of my friends are HIS friends. Could be murky waters I'd tread, if word of my blog got out. I should go delete her comment right now.

Comments

Grumpy said…
Smart ass, absolutely. Always wanted to be a comedian. Arrogant? Yeah, I'm sure I give that impression to some people. Pretty perceptive.

Glad to have you among my blogging friends.
Anonymous said…
Okay, kid, you've hit upon something no doubt has some importance to all of us. These online friendships we develop, as bloggers of common cause, the bonding that takes place because of shared experience. Mine because of lack of outside contacts, online friends take the place of a diminishing social order in my live. I, too, love the humor, and value the opinions, and the bits of thrown out wisdom found from time to time in our blogging. I think we all do. And, my roommate, Ann, thanks you all for keeping me occupied.
john bain said…
What a lovely post. You write well, and should definitely consider a book. I bet most of your friends and his have had a read of your blogs
anyway. It is scary opening up in a book. I have been so frank about things, but I just think to hell with it. That,s what happened, and this is who I am. And I'm too old to really care what people think.
Claire M. King said…
Thanks grumpy, bill and hub. Grumpy, glad you are glad we're blogging friends, bill, I appreciate you and your allowance of connection with us all, no matter what the reason. Hub, actually, given my pen name is different than my real one, I am very confident that my blog remains a secret far and wide...other than a few happenstance bloggers and person of whom I shared the link.
kden said…
What a great post! I think you have everyone pegged quite well. I'm very proud to call all of you friends.

The best ideas can sometimes come late at night. Glad to see you posting more often ;-)
Claire M. King said…
Is anyone familiar with the above anonymous person?
kden said…
I'm pretty sure it's spam. I get them all the time; they act like they really read your stuff and then leave a link back to them. I don't publish most anon comments unless they sound like they actually read what you wrote.

Popular posts from this blog

Curve Ball-First Pitch

Pane of Pain