Together and Apart
Despite some of my hesitation on attending my family reunion last week, I did go for a couple of days as finances shorted me from going the whole week. It was very, very nice and I am glad I attended. A few times questions came up about the divorce, out of genuine concern. I handled it fine and swayed conversation away from the topic. On occasion I stated, "we are two good people just not good together," and "he likes the boat floating his way and I stand up in the middle and call bullshit." I shared a bit more with one sister while sitting late into the evening listening to the ocean waves at Long Beach. She's been divorced for years.
I watched and listened to others' challenges with marital situations, and often thought, my marriage is splitting for such less reasons, and here are many couples enduring greater challenges than mine, and working together to resolve them. It made me realize that my soon to be, ex husband is much weaker, and if he bails on such little, I would not want to be married to him when something REALLY challenging comes down in life. He'd bail then too and maybe leave me in worse tribulation.
I have my job, I am sane...at most times, (smile here), I am healthy and for the most part, I am happy. My tribulation right now is simply working through my emotional well being. And I will, as I am strong. I have to remember, as difficult as it can be, my husband was not happy and needed to pursue his career and follow his dream. I will forgive him of that and the fact he could not nurture a marriage and a career. He only knows how to nurture himself, which is probably why he has never been in a solid relationship, prior to ours.
I watched and listened to others' challenges with marital situations, and often thought, my marriage is splitting for such less reasons, and here are many couples enduring greater challenges than mine, and working together to resolve them. It made me realize that my soon to be, ex husband is much weaker, and if he bails on such little, I would not want to be married to him when something REALLY challenging comes down in life. He'd bail then too and maybe leave me in worse tribulation.
I have my job, I am sane...at most times, (smile here), I am healthy and for the most part, I am happy. My tribulation right now is simply working through my emotional well being. And I will, as I am strong. I have to remember, as difficult as it can be, my husband was not happy and needed to pursue his career and follow his dream. I will forgive him of that and the fact he could not nurture a marriage and a career. He only knows how to nurture himself, which is probably why he has never been in a solid relationship, prior to ours.
Comments