Looking Up

This has been a very boring week. I have been on vacation from work and quite often, found myself rattling around the house with not much to do. I have revised my Toastmaster's speech and sent it to my mentor for critiquing. I am waiting for his suggestions. I have gone for a few walks as the rain has dissipated and the sun came out for a few days. I did not end up going to a Halloween party as I intended, my girlfriend couldn't make it. I was going to go alone, but...I accomplished some reading and some cleaning projects and have spent too much time tinkering on the computer. We all know what that means...at least the x is in Oregon heading to California. He has one or two gigs per week lined up down there and will be gone until the end of December. It appears "she" is traveling with him, at least for now. Reminding myself, I divorced him for a reason. Whew! I need to quit being curious and checking on his whereabouts. I am surprised I still check, though I know it's best not to.

I need to focus on my grounded feet and future projects of my own. I did check the Habitat for Humanity site and will place a call to see if they have current projects in the works. I need to learn how to use those power tools for my future home improvement and house flipping purposes. Plus, as my blogger friend, bill, commented a while back, I need a few interests to keep me going. That is true. It will also be another avenue of friendships, I hope. I will check MLS sites to see if some of the homes I liked have sold, even though waiting until springtime will be more of a financially, sound decision for myself. Maybe I can watch the prices drop.I am also listening to some CD's and webinars of my own, as I started a home business of health and skin care products in April, just as I moved to my new town. That is what is credited for my weight loss. It is just a hopeful, residual income source.

I am meeting one of my Toastmaster friends for a drink tonight. He has been "going through a rough patch", and I know I need to blow this joint. He apparently has been divorced for two years. I have just gotten acquainted with him in mid October when a group of four club members joined at a pub after our friends' speech contest. That was only my second "out of meeting" experience with any of them...as I have said...great people. I have already thought of this friendly meeting when one of my dear friends asked if it was a "hot date." I said, "no, we're just getting together to get to know each other." I will do my best to not disrupt the karma of the group, as a whole. Intertwined emotions and personal relationships mess with too much stuff in an organized club.
If I continue to search for projects, pass times and such, things will keep looking up.

Comments

kden said…
I know when sometimes I just crave a day off, I end of doing nothing constructive. So sometimes it's not worth it. Sounds like you have a lot of irons in the fire though to keep yourself busy. I applaud the Habitat for Humanity involvement.