Visualize

As I sit having my morning coffee and scroll through other people's blogs, of which I have not visited, I am thinking about many things, of the past, of the future. When I traveled to some other blogs, I was hit with appreciation of the talent that graces our computer screens. Wow! How do they create such interesting sites? I was astounded with their creativity. Many blogs are colorful with eye catching backgrounds, customized nonetheless, ads lining the edges, humorous writing, subdued posts, thoughtful advice, knowledge you should know, countless pictures of every subject out there, followers hitting numbers in the hundreds. (I was lucky I discovered how to change my blog background once, and would have to remember how to do it again.) People are amazing, aren't they? Most people have some talent, some attribute, some knowledge, something to share, something to tap into and release from within themselves. I now feel it is a matter of confidence, and not being afraid to let it out. Not every blog is interesting, some are dark and dreary, some are not interesting to me, at all. But the point that counts, the point that deserves notation is they are okay with their blogs, comfortable with sharing pictures and words. No matter how uninteresting it may be to someone, it is interesting to someone else. Those Bloggers are okay with trying.

Guess what? I did it. I would have never guessed last year, at this time, in the beginning of 2010, that I would start a blog. I would not have guessed I could even figure it out. Thank goodness for the step by step tips to get you started. (smile here). I remember it was one of my sullen moods that triggered me to try. It was a few weeks after I moved to my new town. Good for me, good for you, good for them!

My future thought in relation to this; I need to learn how to be more creative and bold with my site and other tasks. I have oodles of creativity that has not been released. I allow myself to be stagnant. I have always taken care of duties, households, people. I have taken care of myself, last. (For crying out loud, I was 49 when I got my first pedicure and manicure last year!) I have not allowed my confidence in many characteristics show. I have been a private person, a person with hesitation. I focus more on the things I cannot do, rather than train my brain to learn how to accomplish things I'd like to do. 2011 should be my year of "I am going to..." not "I wish I could..." I have in many posts, shared how I want to buy a house in need of cosmetic changes to be a resale project, I have shared how I will join Habitat for Humanity etc...and I will, some how, accomplish those items. My first steps this year, I hope...no...I can. It just may take more work, and I won't allow myself to get stagnant. As my Blogger friend, bill said, "we just have to keep on keeping on." Great advice!

Comments

Claire M. King said…
My followers and blogger friends are some of my creative examples for my future improvements to my site. Thanks "ya'll."CK
Grumpy said…
I think the key to blogging is to write for yourself; if you're happy with the result that's all that matters.
kden said…
I enjoy looking at new blogs too and I agree that some are not interesting to me but they are interesting to somebody. I like your attitude for the new year. Maybe I'll use it too, thanks.
Anonymous said…
Yeah, that Bill told me, just like monkeys, you can teach a human being almost anything. I like your attitude. I'm afraid I used all my talent up a long time ago. IF I had any talent it'd be running on fumes. Speaking of fumes, for two days I have intended to fill up my car with petrol and have forgotten to do so. Happy blogging.

Popular posts from this blog

Curve Ball-First Pitch

The Observation Deck

Pane of Pain