Jaunt: Part III

After my chat with the real estate broker, I traveled the three and half miles to "Clearwood." I figured I wouldn't get far into the development as it was a gated community. I was right, the arm at the entry post was down with a large sign that read, "Pass Key Needed." Interestingly enough, there was a small grocery store right at the entrance. For chills and thrills, I went inside the old store and asked the clerk if there was any way to go inside just for a drive. Expectantly, the answer was, "No". Must have a pass key to enter. It is a secured place." I thanked the gentleman and with a nod of, "I figured", I left with spirit still soaring as other listings, according to the map, were a bare mile away. So, into my little Honda I hopped and to the main road I skirted.

I turned onto one of the roads sited on a listing. I drove up a long, sloping hill, and at the crest, I immediately knew this was a future development with mostly land for sale. Someone or somebodies had owned a lot of acreage and platted it into smaller parcels. As I drove, I could see real estate boards with the 5 to 25 acre tracts for sale. I followed directions past many asphalted roads cut into the acres clustered with tall, skinny trees, some evergreens, underbrush and such. I was heading to the rear of the development. I noticed the rainwater holding ponds all over as I drove. I found the house I was looking for, and thought it not bad. I had noticed on my turns from one "street" to another, there were not many houses built yet. Not even sure if twelve were standing. Then, my practical part of the brain was signaling, "Could you drive to work from here? What about the winters and contending with that hill? How long before the feeling of isolation would hit?"

I started to maneuver my way in the direction from where I had entered. I noticed the inviting, clear sky seemed to hover over the area like a blanket surrounding a soul. I took a random turn onto another street, passed a couple more houses that were more grand than the last batch, and took, yet, another turn as I could see Mt. Rainier peeking above the treetops. It was sharp looking cloaked in white and blue. I had an instant desire to see that view. I took little turns here and there, with my sight always on that mountain tip. I even took a turn and lost it from my vision. Too many trees in the way. So I turned around again, saw the familiar mountain tucked from obvious sight and kept driving towards it. At the end of a paved road, it was more vivid. Another turn and I suddenly felt parallel to the sight. I stopped my car to admire it. The mountain looked like the sharpest picture you see of it in a magazine, cut out, enhanced and pasted on that clear sky. Now I have seen Mt. Rainier more times than I can remember given my living location, but something was so astounding about this view. Sorry to say, but it was breathtaking. I cannot come up with a better adjective.

I got out of my car and noticed the only listing box posted was across the street, so I walked to it and pulled out a flyer.  Five acres, $109,000. I returned to my car and continued on this road and passed a jogger and a $700,000 to million dollar home with a gated entrance and probably one of the 25 acre plots. (this is my estimate as real estate looky-looing is a hobby, not an expertise.) End of road, turned around and knew this was out of  sight, though it was in my sight at this moment.(sigh here.)

Maybe I should find a sugar daddy. Nah, not my style, but boy would I love to build a house with a view like this to wake up to each morning.

Comments

Grumpy said…
To follow up on kden's last comment about meeting for lunch, why don't we blogging friends pool our resources and buy a 25 acre lot and build separate homes on it? Or one large communal home. Bill is going to be moving anyway. I wouldn't mind a view of Mt. Rainier in the morning.

Claire is still working, my wife and kden can do the cooking, cleaning and laundry and Tony, Bill and I can sit on the porch, gaze at the mountain and tell stories all day.
Claire M. King said…
I would go for that, grumpy. Funny. It was a prime spot, I must say.
kden said…
Boy Grumpy, you've got it all figured out, don'tcha?

Mt. Ranier would be such a beautiful backdrop. I envy that you even have the possibility of such a view.
Claire M. King said…
The possibility is pretty hopeless kden. That is why I stated it "was out of sight, though it was in my sight at this moment." (sigh here)

Popular posts from this blog

Curve Ball-First Pitch

The Observation Deck

Pane of Pain