Jaunt:Part II

After my hour plus drive to the ends of the county, I headed back to this little, hick town. I had a mindset to pay attention to my surroundings this time while in the actual town. There were a few very, new, "strip" malls, with well known businesses intact. A new looking Wal-Mart Super Store and other new businesses lined many of the streets. I learned long ago that the Wal Mart Corporation does a lot of research prior to a build, and their specialists research growth prospectus, and such. I am sure their strategists are smarter than I. (smile here). When a Wal Mart builds, other businesses follow.

I know the town has a library, several schools passed my line of vision, even in the outskirts of where I had just driven. New banks and old, dotted the streets. A large grocery store as well as some small, quick stop types, were conveniently located on the main street. New Cinemas, a new looking car lot, etc... I also noticed a large, commercial property being excavated and fenced off at this stage. I only saw a few commercial sites for sale, in prime location on the main thoroughfare. New growth...a good thing to observe when looking for a new location and building equity.

I pulled into a new Starbucks Espresso stand, and while waiting in line, I chatted with one of the employees. He was a young, very, chipper person who shared answers to my questions of the locale and the new growth. I purchased my Carmel mocha and scooted my Honda towards one of the real estate offices I had noticed, during my first pass through of the town. A well known agency in the area.  I parked my car curbside, then noticed the sign on the door, "Closed.".

Not a problem. This visualization was needed. I was enjoying my time away from home. I was enjoying my little journey with background music uplifting my spirit and enhancing my thoughts. Of course, at one point or another, I figured I should have stopped at home and researched a bit more before this drive. Nah...it was a spur of the moment choice to take this jaunt. I have been looking at real estate listings for months now, and have kept a notebook of potential properties. I have been emailing info to my realtor, who sends me links or information on them, or connects me with other properties.

I recalled seeing another real estate office, much smaller, and based out of an old home on the main street. There were other businesses operating from some older homes, rehabbed and updated for appeal. I found the establishment I was seeking, after driving past it, around the block, then parked at it's front walk. Up the porch I sauntered. I was about to open the door and I noticed their little sign in the window with hours of operation posted...Monday Thru Friday 10am-5pm, Saturday and Sunday by appointment only. A gentleman in a back room saw me through the glass and unlocked the door for me. I shook his hand with enthusiasm and apologized for interrupting him. He graciously stated he was working on his taxes, and when I informed him of my purpose of the trip to town, he said, "I could use a break from my taxes."

During our initial assessment of each other, I learned that he actually manages 65 properties in the area, and does have an agent's license, but he is a broker. He was kind enough to pinpoint my expectations of buying a home, and kindly searched the MLS site. He referred to a place called, "Clearwood" often. That is the development many of my criteria matches showed. I recognized some of them from my own website  previews. He was good enough to print about 12 listings for me, gave me a local map and a business card, even though I told him I had a buying agent already."Well if you need to fire your agent for some reason, you can come here." (smile here...quite the salesman).

The next leg of my jaunt to come.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Another growing community complete with banks and Walmart. An adventurous soul you are and thinking with a clear head. How about the restaurants? After all this riding around, I'm getting hungry.
Claire M. King said…
I love your comment bill!
Grumpy said…
I think you must pass a "chipper" test to work at Starbucks. I can live without WalMart, but I want to be within easy driving distance of a Starbucks.
kden said…
Sounds like a fun productive day. Yea, where we going for lunch? Wouldn't it be great if we were all able to meet somewhere in the middle of the US for lunch? I'll just jump on my private jet and pick y'all up.

Popular posts from this blog

Curve Ball-First Pitch

The Observation Deck

Pane of Pain