Ho Hum
I did not realize it has been this long since I have posted to my blog. I have been trying to keep busy outside of the house. Since my weekend of the "Scenery Change," I have done the following...purchased a basketball in order to have a purpose outside the house in getting exercise and sunshine, and have actually shot some hoops, (smile here), went to a Seattle Mariner baseball game with my good, guy friend, took him on that drive to see the amazing view of Mt. Rainier, have gone to dinner with the guy I met at poker night and played cribbage with him a few times, have been attending Toastmaster's meetings quite regularly, judged about three district Speech & Evaluation contests, went to a local town to hear a friend speak at a Toastmaster's presentation with one of my club members, then she & I took a long drive to my ole town to view some property of interest, to her. I cleaned out my filing cabinet & reorganized some paperwork, (still a work in progress), took my mother shopping for some new shoes and clothes for her upcoming cruise to Alaska, found an adult volleyball team (40 & over) and participated in volleyball for the first time in years. On the sign in sheet at the gym, name, address and age were required. I wrote 50 for the first time under, "Age." (Yikes.) It was not as hard to do as I had thought, as I am going to try and be young at heart and youthful of mind and spirit.(laugh here)...and technically, I am only 49 1/2. Of course, my dear, guy friend and I have been hanging out often and chatting on the phone. He's even made me dinner a couple of times and I did do the same for him. (stop it friends...he knows I want a house not a man...and our intimacies are emotionally disconnected...smile here). I continue to stay in touch with my best girlfriends and kids via phone calls, and I have been so exhausted from work as of late, sleeping comes easily. Except for tonight. (sigh here).
My mind is cluttered. I have a lead on a place to rent, but nothing definite. I did not receive a raise at work. Only two out of the 17 staffers received one. Makes me think my time is more and more limited at my workplace. I need to refocus energy on job hunting, and ironically, a case manager called me today with information on some job openings at DSHS. (He knows I am quietly job hunting). I need to reconnect with the lady at Habitat for Humanity and see what the expectations for the volunteers will be. I need to start packing unimportant, items in boxes to avoid a slam dunk move. I need to research storage unit costs and figure moving expenses again. I filed an extension for my taxes and now have the receipts and paperwork needed to complete the filing. I found my wedding ring and need to find a pawn shop.
I have the mindset and lists of tasks that need doing, just not the energy. This internal clutter is challenging my spirit. I can feel my moods sway low. The physical activities I am participating in, help those moods. So, ho hum, this is the last few weeks' activities.
My mind is cluttered. I have a lead on a place to rent, but nothing definite. I did not receive a raise at work. Only two out of the 17 staffers received one. Makes me think my time is more and more limited at my workplace. I need to refocus energy on job hunting, and ironically, a case manager called me today with information on some job openings at DSHS. (He knows I am quietly job hunting). I need to reconnect with the lady at Habitat for Humanity and see what the expectations for the volunteers will be. I need to start packing unimportant, items in boxes to avoid a slam dunk move. I need to research storage unit costs and figure moving expenses again. I filed an extension for my taxes and now have the receipts and paperwork needed to complete the filing. I found my wedding ring and need to find a pawn shop.
I have the mindset and lists of tasks that need doing, just not the energy. This internal clutter is challenging my spirit. I can feel my moods sway low. The physical activities I am participating in, help those moods. So, ho hum, this is the last few weeks' activities.
Comments