Keep Away From the Window
Again, time has slithered away and I have not been on my blogging site. I have thought of it often, have even missed it, but it seems the evenings after work leave me with depleted energy and the need to take naps, upon my arrival home. My emotional state has been quite good lately, other than a rare peak at a link of the ex when someone posts to Twitter. (Of course, his falseness jerks my chains every time. I can't help but peek, sometimes.) What is more shameful... sending him one liner emails contradicting his written statements and such. One sentence in the subject line like; "Disloyalty 101 should be a chapter in your next book." "You couldn't even say hi to my mom when she came to visit your dieing dad." "You will always have loose morals and be a bit dishonest". "Your article in the Sun Newspaper is so phony". One of his paragraphs written from the interviewer stated him saying, he started his tour but ended up, unexpectedly falling in love, so he is putting down new roots. Actually, he didn't travel, he went directly to an RV park in Longview to be with her, and didn't travel alone all the time, they both had pictures posted of their trips.kitsapsun.com/news/2011/aug (read for yourself.) (I couldn't copy the link)..I know, I know...shame on me. These one liners were yesterday as the article came out a few days ago.I dared him to interview me for the "whole truth".
Derek still spends time with me. He seems to accept my resolve of not being in a committed relationship, and having tin foil around my heart. I guess we haven't discussed those types of feelings lately. He may even think the subject, taboo. His life is changing as his eldest son has chosen to spend his senior year living with him, rather than the mom. I am happy for Derek, he is a good dad, and this will be nice for him to spend this time with his son.
I had two of my girlfriends spend a weekend with me recently. I was concerned they would be bored, but we went to dinner, a farmer's market, they went to a casino while I had a club meeting, then we made a great meal from our market purchases, and another gal joined us for the meal. After dinner, we played poker with small change, not greenbacks. (smile here.) Our laughter sparked the air as we sat on my cute, little balcony playing. I am sure my neighbor below was wondering what was going on as he perused the grounds while walking his dog. I think the most noise he usually hears from my place, is the vacuum cleaner. (Did I mention wine was involved?)
I have been helping my friend reorganize, clean and decorate rooms in her home. We always have sheer enjoyment working or visiting together. She hosted the summer party for our Toastmaster's club at her home. It turned out lovely and about 18 people were present.
A notation regarding the club; two weeks ago they honored me with Outstanding Toastmaster of 2010-2011. I was stunned, as I did not know this award existed. I also completed my tenth speech, giving me the right to call myself a "Competent Communicator". The advanced manuals have been ordered for me now. I have also been completing so many projects from the Leadership manual, I will earn that award soon, I am sure. I have been assigned a new member to mentor, which is one of the last tasks left, for completion of the Leadership projects. I am excited.
I am currently on a week vacation. No, I am not in Hawaii or China, I am back in my old neck of the woods house sitting a home and 8 pets for my friends while THEY go on a cruise. Nonetheless, it is wonderful not being at work and the sun is glorious. I may get some color on my white skin yet.
Reinforcing my own thoughts, I know I need to keep away from the windows that give me insight to the ex, his current affairs and crap. (ho hum). How many times have I written that. Bless you all for your reading and comments of my posts.
Derek still spends time with me. He seems to accept my resolve of not being in a committed relationship, and having tin foil around my heart. I guess we haven't discussed those types of feelings lately. He may even think the subject, taboo. His life is changing as his eldest son has chosen to spend his senior year living with him, rather than the mom. I am happy for Derek, he is a good dad, and this will be nice for him to spend this time with his son.
I had two of my girlfriends spend a weekend with me recently. I was concerned they would be bored, but we went to dinner, a farmer's market, they went to a casino while I had a club meeting, then we made a great meal from our market purchases, and another gal joined us for the meal. After dinner, we played poker with small change, not greenbacks. (smile here.) Our laughter sparked the air as we sat on my cute, little balcony playing. I am sure my neighbor below was wondering what was going on as he perused the grounds while walking his dog. I think the most noise he usually hears from my place, is the vacuum cleaner. (Did I mention wine was involved?)
I have been helping my friend reorganize, clean and decorate rooms in her home. We always have sheer enjoyment working or visiting together. She hosted the summer party for our Toastmaster's club at her home. It turned out lovely and about 18 people were present.
A notation regarding the club; two weeks ago they honored me with Outstanding Toastmaster of 2010-2011. I was stunned, as I did not know this award existed. I also completed my tenth speech, giving me the right to call myself a "Competent Communicator". The advanced manuals have been ordered for me now. I have also been completing so many projects from the Leadership manual, I will earn that award soon, I am sure. I have been assigned a new member to mentor, which is one of the last tasks left, for completion of the Leadership projects. I am excited.
I am currently on a week vacation. No, I am not in Hawaii or China, I am back in my old neck of the woods house sitting a home and 8 pets for my friends while THEY go on a cruise. Nonetheless, it is wonderful not being at work and the sun is glorious. I may get some color on my white skin yet.
Reinforcing my own thoughts, I know I need to keep away from the windows that give me insight to the ex, his current affairs and crap. (ho hum). How many times have I written that. Bless you all for your reading and comments of my posts.
Comments
Congrats on the awards.
Again, congrats on the TM award, you've come a long way in the last year and I'm glad you've found something you enjoy and are obviously good at.