...And Darkness Falls

  It is one of those nights. The kind of night where you see the deep darkness outside, shrouding the sky and the land. It is like a villain, sweeping his garment across his face in a strong, threatening manner. It is one of those nights where your mind grapples with sleep, though relaxation is hiding, just behind a curtain of nervous energy.
  This alertness is pending, despite a productive day and evening. It is pending, even after an enjoyable lunch with a newer friend. She was all the fascinating, witty and practical company I expected. I will remember her long after she relocates to Arizona, later this year. Her characteristics intrigue me. She is a realtor, an author, a cancer survivor, a divorcee', a mother and an authority on many other topics. I have an interest in real estate. I love to write, which includes a secret aspiration to step into that world. I have known a lot of people who have survived cancer, one of my sisters included. Of course, I am a double divorcee', (smile here), as well as a mother. Our connection and conversation came easily. Her brightness and charm shone through, even while she was relaying her challenges in life. She is the type of person that gives you a genuine feeling of being interested in what you are saying and how you are feeling. I have to say, she leaves you feeling "warm and fuzzy". I regret not knowing her years earlier.
  This sleeplessness that persists is probably from my brain being too full. Too many thoughts and ideas are pushing against that darkness. They are disorderly. My brain will need to put them in an ordinal list of tasks of importance.Then, I shall be able to embrace that villainous darkness and use it to my advantage.
  Good night to you.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Why is she going to Arizona? Does she have connections there? Is she a realtor? The point is where are you going and what are you going to do?
Claire M. King said…
bill, I am staying here, at this point anyway. I have started the almighty job search. I am fine.
kden said…
I hope your mind is a little emptier now (but not too empty) and your sister is doing better.
Anonymous said…
You'll know what you want to do when the time comes. Right now you need rest and relaxation to get rejuvinated!

Popular posts from this blog

Curve Ball-First Pitch

The Observation Deck

Pane of Pain