Curve Ball Through the Window
I feel we all know what life's little "curve balls" are. A more defined term stated in a non-baseball meaning; variants of the expression "to throw a curve ball" essentially translate
to introducing a significant deviation to a preceding concept.(Ask.com). Yes, that is an accurate meaning. Yes, the curve ball of which I will refer has to do with one that was thrown at my window. Thrown into my small space in this world. Thrown onto my pathway of life of which I walk.
I chose not to title this in relation to pigeon poop. You have all read and commented in support of me through those unpleasant circumstances and posts. I thank you for that. My posts of pigeon poop described those situations of my life that were nasty and unpleasant. They described stressful happenings that affected my emotional well being and life. The curve ball is a bit different. I shall pretend that a curve ball is easier to handle and, possibly, more interesting. I shall not allow this object thrown at me to create more stress in my small space in this world. I will not let it deplete my enthusiasm for walking on this pathway of life.
My roomie shared an announcement with me two weeks ago. She has a sister in crisis who will be moving into the house. "Family first"...of course. I understand that belief and respect it. Her next sentences were to inform me that she needs me to move out, as her house isn't big enough for the three of us. (sigh here). She expressed some anxiety over the situation and having to live with her sister. She is hoping the roommate situation will be as cohesive as ours has been. During our discussion and negotiations, she gave me until 2/28/13 to make the move. I hopped on line immediately and started searching local ads on Craigslist. I was surprised at how common the roommate situation is for people and how many ads were actually posted. I started emailing and responding to some right away.
By the next day, I received some responses. I placed some calls, spoke with a few people and scheduled some viewings of these spaces for rent...these rooms. I also learned in this trial and error circumstance, that I need to be more open minded than in the past. I am put in a situation to handle this curve ball in a facet of which I hadn't thought acceptable or seriously considered before. I may have to become a roommate of a guy. They are prominently advertising for housemates or roommates. I was reluctant at first, because I have only lived with my children, husbands and Jill. A guy? Really? Can I do this? You bet I can, especially with the financial savings. It turns out, many of the spaces are less expensive than here, given a few minor set backs. 1) I probably won't have my own bathroom as I do here. 2) Some of the situations will be TWO other housemates, not just one. 3) The rooms are as small as mine is here and the kitchens may not be as nice. I can do this, right? Right!
This could be an adventure, right? Right! (so I tell myself), (laugh here.) Off I go to start viewing places and meeting the "landlords". You'll get to meet them, too, in my next posts. I am taking this curve ball and just running with it.
I chose not to title this in relation to pigeon poop. You have all read and commented in support of me through those unpleasant circumstances and posts. I thank you for that. My posts of pigeon poop described those situations of my life that were nasty and unpleasant. They described stressful happenings that affected my emotional well being and life. The curve ball is a bit different. I shall pretend that a curve ball is easier to handle and, possibly, more interesting. I shall not allow this object thrown at me to create more stress in my small space in this world. I will not let it deplete my enthusiasm for walking on this pathway of life.
My roomie shared an announcement with me two weeks ago. She has a sister in crisis who will be moving into the house. "Family first"...of course. I understand that belief and respect it. Her next sentences were to inform me that she needs me to move out, as her house isn't big enough for the three of us. (sigh here). She expressed some anxiety over the situation and having to live with her sister. She is hoping the roommate situation will be as cohesive as ours has been. During our discussion and negotiations, she gave me until 2/28/13 to make the move. I hopped on line immediately and started searching local ads on Craigslist. I was surprised at how common the roommate situation is for people and how many ads were actually posted. I started emailing and responding to some right away.
By the next day, I received some responses. I placed some calls, spoke with a few people and scheduled some viewings of these spaces for rent...these rooms. I also learned in this trial and error circumstance, that I need to be more open minded than in the past. I am put in a situation to handle this curve ball in a facet of which I hadn't thought acceptable or seriously considered before. I may have to become a roommate of a guy. They are prominently advertising for housemates or roommates. I was reluctant at first, because I have only lived with my children, husbands and Jill. A guy? Really? Can I do this? You bet I can, especially with the financial savings. It turns out, many of the spaces are less expensive than here, given a few minor set backs. 1) I probably won't have my own bathroom as I do here. 2) Some of the situations will be TWO other housemates, not just one. 3) The rooms are as small as mine is here and the kitchens may not be as nice. I can do this, right? Right!
This could be an adventure, right? Right! (so I tell myself), (laugh here.) Off I go to start viewing places and meeting the "landlords". You'll get to meet them, too, in my next posts. I am taking this curve ball and just running with it.
Comments
Might I suggest that when viewing potential new landlords that you take a friend along? I don't trust Craigslist.
Sorry about the curve ball. Can she actually do that with such short notice?