Click...Tick Tick...Click
The mental typewriter is at it again. I discovered some documents saved in a PC file that I created on 12/19/2012. The document was a twelve page employment, certification & training course for Human Resource Management. I have been looking into this career choice for some time. I have FAFSA and local college material discussing the topic. (Our friend kden is familiar with this. ha!) I know some of my favorite duties were office management, customer relations and working with the caregivers; assigning them work, handling their emergencies, being a sounding board, training staff, completing performance evals, etc...but don't think for a minute it was always fun. I've had to reprimand caregivers, be part of the firing process and fire employees, handle their emergencies (yes, it is twofold because despite helping, it creates more work for me, initially.) maintain redundant paperwork and work within too many processes.
Without clamoring to brag of myself, I am a leader, cheerleader and nurturer. I had solid relationships with all of my coworkers and most employees. I helped train support staff and supervisors to attain job goals! My director believed in cross training staff-therefore we could handle quite a load during urgent situations, at several levels. She had my skill set, PLUS! (smile here-she was a good boss).
I have researched BA programs as well, but really? Do I want to go to school for 2-4 years? No. I need to work but my admin. assit. applications are slipping into an unknown void, for the most part. I am viewed as overqualified for entry office positions.I have applied for marketing & program positions, and jobs I know I could do in a heartbeat. I guess I am a middle man: middle management? Therefore, I need to tackle this situation, somehow.
I'm sure my typewriter will keep on ticking.
Without clamoring to brag of myself, I am a leader, cheerleader and nurturer. I had solid relationships with all of my coworkers and most employees. I helped train support staff and supervisors to attain job goals! My director believed in cross training staff-therefore we could handle quite a load during urgent situations, at several levels. She had my skill set, PLUS! (smile here-she was a good boss).
I have researched BA programs as well, but really? Do I want to go to school for 2-4 years? No. I need to work but my admin. assit. applications are slipping into an unknown void, for the most part. I am viewed as overqualified for entry office positions.I have applied for marketing & program positions, and jobs I know I could do in a heartbeat. I guess I am a middle man: middle management? Therefore, I need to tackle this situation, somehow.
I'm sure my typewriter will keep on ticking.
Comments