Paging CKing-Paging CKing
Well I have been at my new job for close to a month. For the most part, I like it. Despite the sameness and the insanity of the long term care industry, I like the three other staff members and have faith my learning curve is close to an end. I started on call tonight for the first time-another reason to run from the industry. I will be on call for a week. At least here, I will get $60, but not sure how it will always pan out splitting this duty with Bobby, the Admin Assist who has been helping with this piece. I got 7 pages tonight from caregivers within two and a half hours. I'll get 'em trained to utilize the after hours system for urgent situations-not just to complain about a client in general. I got calls from a potential client and a lady who needed someone to come and hook up her TV. She didn't realize you had to be a current client to get services. I told her to call tomorrow if her neighbors were still away and I may be able to connect her with a volunteer program in the area.
I am so glad that last Tuesday marked my last evening as an official officer of the Toastmaster club. 2 1/2 years with officer positions was plenty. Looking forward to the break. I have elected to continue to compile the newsletter with my little proofreader's help. The new VP of PR would like to participate-so that is great. I really enjoy that task.
My youngest son and I met last Sunday for a lunch half way between our locales. He treated! Wow! Nice surprise. It was great visiting with him and it puts a smile on my face to see him mature. He is now 26 1/2, and my daughter just turned 28 in June. I sent her a nice boquet of flowers because she ALWAYS sends me flowers on Mother's Day and my Birthday. It felt nice to do that for her-for once. My eldest will be 30 next year! That is shocking.
I just thought I'd check in so you know I am alive and well.
I am so glad that last Tuesday marked my last evening as an official officer of the Toastmaster club. 2 1/2 years with officer positions was plenty. Looking forward to the break. I have elected to continue to compile the newsletter with my little proofreader's help. The new VP of PR would like to participate-so that is great. I really enjoy that task.
My youngest son and I met last Sunday for a lunch half way between our locales. He treated! Wow! Nice surprise. It was great visiting with him and it puts a smile on my face to see him mature. He is now 26 1/2, and my daughter just turned 28 in June. I sent her a nice boquet of flowers because she ALWAYS sends me flowers on Mother's Day and my Birthday. It felt nice to do that for her-for once. My eldest will be 30 next year! That is shocking.
I just thought I'd check in so you know I am alive and well.
Comments