Grasping Inspiration
I sit here at my friend's house; the one who has the gorgeous home and two Pugs in need of care, while she travels to Montana. I have been commuting to work from here these last few days and discovered it was only a mile farther than my regular digs. The atmosphere and home is lovely; resort-like, relaxing and inspiring. Yet, I sit here staring at my keyboard and deliberate about what to write. What is of importance in these last few weeks of my life? What would readers want to read? Maybe nothing...maybe everything. I have not pondered this too much in the past and have written what comes to mind. Today however, I am pondering it. I have read my friends' posts of late and commented on some of those posts to show my appreciation or support of their circumstances and writings. Despite my inspirational surroundings, I am baffled and at a loss of what matters and what I should write.
Maybe describing the scene will help. The sky is clear blue and the water is a pristine blue in reflection of it. The Olympic Mountains are in plain sight above the land and small islands. I sat on the patio facing the waterways while watching the boating activity: the speed boats zipping across the bay with ease, the jet skis skimming the water top at a hurried pace, the small boats pacing themselves without a hurried purpose and the occasional sailboat with a leisurely air; they all seem to play with the water in their own way. I imagine these vessel masters are smiling while they maneuver their vehicles on the bay, letting cool winds whip them while savoring the smell of the salty air. This activity is happening under the embrace of the late August sun. These all participated in the enhancement of my view without realization of it. This scene sets the tone and allows us to enjoy the last days of summer without impediment or obstruction of one an-others' view or one an-others' enjoyment of the day, no matter the pace or non pace.
I guess with these thoughts and this gorgeous view, the items that come to mind while thinking are the fact that my daughter and her fiance' established the date for their wedding; October 18, 2014. She sends me pictures of herself trying on dresses and of the venues they are looking at. It's her successful attempt to share some moments with me. I am sending her some money on occasion to contribute to the affair, despite her never asking that of me. I am sure it won't amount to much, but she and Eric called and thanked me last weekend for my first $200 contribution. If I can do that 10 times, that would be $2k, and would make me feel a bit better. I hope I can contribute more, though.
I went to my first Sexual Assault Response Provider call two weeks ago. I went to the local hospital to meet with the victim of domestic violence. On my drive there, I was trying to go over the victim mentality as trained by my instructors and I was rehearsing what to say and what not to ask. I was trying to mentally prepare myself for what this person may look like, or if they would be angry at my showing up. I was trying to remember all that was taught to me for this sad circumstance. Ironically, she was a former employee of mine from way back. I held it together and was with her through the medical examination and police interview, which all in all, lasted three hours. I felt somewhat useless because I couldn't make it all go away, which is what she kept repeating. I held her hand, let her vent and armed her with
support information and resources. I even completed the SafePlace paperwork properly, which the advocates need to remain in touch, barring her approval. I am glad it wasn't a brutal beating, per say, as that would have been harder to swallow.
My job is fine and the commute is bearable. I haven't been to Toastmasters as much as normal; mostly from being too tired after work. I am the District 32 Social Networking Specialist, which is suitable and what I expected. I created a twitter page and maintain a showing on the district's Facebook page. I have intentions to attend many of the (70) club meetings to take pictures and meet folks, in order to promote their clubs individually. That should be fun. Noon time meetings will be challenging to attend because of my job, so I will comprise a plan for folks to send me pictures or videos to submit on our social media sites. This is ironic, isn't it? Given the "x's" career choice? Anyway, I am not proclaiming to be a pro, just someone who wants to help clubs get recognized and help gain them new members.
So, this is what has been written per my inspiration. I hope my blogger family and friends are well.
Maybe describing the scene will help. The sky is clear blue and the water is a pristine blue in reflection of it. The Olympic Mountains are in plain sight above the land and small islands. I sat on the patio facing the waterways while watching the boating activity: the speed boats zipping across the bay with ease, the jet skis skimming the water top at a hurried pace, the small boats pacing themselves without a hurried purpose and the occasional sailboat with a leisurely air; they all seem to play with the water in their own way. I imagine these vessel masters are smiling while they maneuver their vehicles on the bay, letting cool winds whip them while savoring the smell of the salty air. This activity is happening under the embrace of the late August sun. These all participated in the enhancement of my view without realization of it. This scene sets the tone and allows us to enjoy the last days of summer without impediment or obstruction of one an-others' view or one an-others' enjoyment of the day, no matter the pace or non pace.
I guess with these thoughts and this gorgeous view, the items that come to mind while thinking are the fact that my daughter and her fiance' established the date for their wedding; October 18, 2014. She sends me pictures of herself trying on dresses and of the venues they are looking at. It's her successful attempt to share some moments with me. I am sending her some money on occasion to contribute to the affair, despite her never asking that of me. I am sure it won't amount to much, but she and Eric called and thanked me last weekend for my first $200 contribution. If I can do that 10 times, that would be $2k, and would make me feel a bit better. I hope I can contribute more, though.
![]() |
| My seat on the patio. |
I went to my first Sexual Assault Response Provider call two weeks ago. I went to the local hospital to meet with the victim of domestic violence. On my drive there, I was trying to go over the victim mentality as trained by my instructors and I was rehearsing what to say and what not to ask. I was trying to mentally prepare myself for what this person may look like, or if they would be angry at my showing up. I was trying to remember all that was taught to me for this sad circumstance. Ironically, she was a former employee of mine from way back. I held it together and was with her through the medical examination and police interview, which all in all, lasted three hours. I felt somewhat useless because I couldn't make it all go away, which is what she kept repeating. I held her hand, let her vent and armed her with
![]() |
| A leisurely sail |
![]() |
| Activity on the water |
My job is fine and the commute is bearable. I haven't been to Toastmasters as much as normal; mostly from being too tired after work. I am the District 32 Social Networking Specialist, which is suitable and what I expected. I created a twitter page and maintain a showing on the district's Facebook page. I have intentions to attend many of the (70) club meetings to take pictures and meet folks, in order to promote their clubs individually. That should be fun. Noon time meetings will be challenging to attend because of my job, so I will comprise a plan for folks to send me pictures or videos to submit on our social media sites. This is ironic, isn't it? Given the "x's" career choice? Anyway, I am not proclaiming to be a pro, just someone who wants to help clubs get recognized and help gain them new members.
So, this is what has been written per my inspiration. I hope my blogger family and friends are well.




Comments
By the way, a lovely view from your friend's place and so sorry to read about the rape victim. Sometimes, a good listening ear is what most people need.