Grrr...
I feel as though I have a lot of small projects in need of my attention. Many are those on line tasks and others are finalizing my move...those pesky things like tearing down boxes, finding a needed box of belongings I must have accidentally socked away in storage, hanging a couple of pictures, and so on. I am trying to learn my new position with the Toastmasters District...oh yea...my mentor is moving to San Diego, so the District Gov asked me to step into his place as a Public Relations Officer (PRO). Go figure...ha.
Work is the same, stressful, not very fulfilling and taking my turns with the on call duties. I figured I spend 10 hours per week=40 hours per month=480 hours per year=20 days per year, driving back and forth. I spend about $180 per month=$2160 per year on fueling my Honda. I am adding 66 miles per day=1,320 miles per month=15,840 miles per year onto my Honda. All for a bare $35k with no benefits. Take my income and subtract that fuel cost=$32840k annual income. Now that I have to pay for my own insurance soon via the mandatory WA State Health Plan, it will lessen. Really? Really? It is not worth it.
I have retained a friend of mine, who is starting her own business as a job placement and recruiting company, to help me beef up my resume and cover letters towards a new career path. Remember that? The new path I couldn't start on my own last year...for a whole year? I am not super thrilled about paying money for this type of service, but I feel I did as hearty of an attempt as I could last year. It only got me a re routed path into an industry I tried to run from. So, here I am...let's see what happens.
My kids are fine. Brian and I are going to Vancouver WA for Thanksgiving. The youngest will be spending the day with his girlfriend's family and then they will come visit me on Friday. My daughter seems great and together. We are all working hard and being good people...I think that is as much as we can handle right now.
We got an offer on my mothers house...FINALLY...but they backed out of the offer because there was standing water under the house...from who knows what. So, that is another project to tackle. My brother is going to look at the situation in the next couple of days, then I will either have him fix what he can, but likely, I'll have to hire a pro to change the recalled electrical panel for the house, tear down or replace the garage door opener..and those three things were the only things found uncomfortable with the inspection. So, the sooner I can fix them, the better off we are. Thank goodness we have the place rented and it is earning money on a monthly basis. It has been rented since 9/2012. I always wanted to be a landlord..haha.
My friend hosted a terrific girly gathering at her gorgeous home a couple of weeks ago. I think eleven of us gals showed up and we had a great dinner and visit.
These are the things that are making me growl and go grrr...right now.
Work is the same, stressful, not very fulfilling and taking my turns with the on call duties. I figured I spend 10 hours per week=40 hours per month=480 hours per year=20 days per year, driving back and forth. I spend about $180 per month=$2160 per year on fueling my Honda. I am adding 66 miles per day=1,320 miles per month=15,840 miles per year onto my Honda. All for a bare $35k with no benefits. Take my income and subtract that fuel cost=$32840k annual income. Now that I have to pay for my own insurance soon via the mandatory WA State Health Plan, it will lessen. Really? Really? It is not worth it.
I have retained a friend of mine, who is starting her own business as a job placement and recruiting company, to help me beef up my resume and cover letters towards a new career path. Remember that? The new path I couldn't start on my own last year...for a whole year? I am not super thrilled about paying money for this type of service, but I feel I did as hearty of an attempt as I could last year. It only got me a re routed path into an industry I tried to run from. So, here I am...let's see what happens.
My kids are fine. Brian and I are going to Vancouver WA for Thanksgiving. The youngest will be spending the day with his girlfriend's family and then they will come visit me on Friday. My daughter seems great and together. We are all working hard and being good people...I think that is as much as we can handle right now.
We got an offer on my mothers house...FINALLY...but they backed out of the offer because there was standing water under the house...from who knows what. So, that is another project to tackle. My brother is going to look at the situation in the next couple of days, then I will either have him fix what he can, but likely, I'll have to hire a pro to change the recalled electrical panel for the house, tear down or replace the garage door opener..and those three things were the only things found uncomfortable with the inspection. So, the sooner I can fix them, the better off we are. Thank goodness we have the place rented and it is earning money on a monthly basis. It has been rented since 9/2012. I always wanted to be a landlord..haha.
My friend hosted a terrific girly gathering at her gorgeous home a couple of weeks ago. I think eleven of us gals showed up and we had a great dinner and visit.
These are the things that are making me growl and go grrr...right now.
Comments
Happy Thanksgiving and have a wonderful weekend with your family.