Speech Survival

 Well, I did it. I survived the preparation, perspiration and presentation of addressing a larger audience than planned. 126 people attended the Leaders Institute in Tacoma for District 32-Toastmasters. My counterpart did a great job of being organized and creating a brief power point that coincided with my speech. I was told I did a good job by several people. When I saw the room packed with more than 80 people, I did get a few butterflies in my stomach, but they flew away after a few opening sentences.  I certainly have a good experience under my belt. As a whole, the organizers did a nice job planning the event and it was successful.Whew...it's over. (I tried to upload a picture or two here, but that function isn't working at this time.)

 

Comments

kden said…
Congrats to you!
bill said…
Not everyone could have done what you have done and are doing with Toastmasters. You are to be congratulated. I shall make a toast to you tonight when I have my nightcap. Good to see you're doing okay. Cheers.

Popular posts from this blog

Curve Ball-First Pitch

The Observation Deck

Pane of Pain