Did You Know?

 Did you know it surprises me every time I go to check this site, I see it's been a forgotten source of smiles and relief for a long time? It appears it has been six weeks since my last perusing and writing. I really need to focus some attention here more often, even if for a smile or to tap out a few brief sentences. Before I know it, my blogger friends kden and grumpy will consider me a forgotten blogger and won't "site see" here anymore. I can't let that happen.
 Did you know that at 3 AM there is nothing on TV unless you're interested in intense exercise videos, wrinkle removing makeup, QVC, or why a $700 dollar vacuum is better than a $100 vacuum, or there are a dozen ways to use a blender to make juices? That is what I scanned through on TV this morning. Thank god for "The Food Network"  and "Golf." They were the only cable channels that weren't infiltrated with these paid programs. Since I hate golf, I watched master chefs battle.
 Why was I up at 4 AM? For once, not because I am on call and received a dream slapping page. I decided to pull an "all niter", something I haven't done in ages. I was organizing paperwork and accomplishing other tasks and knew I didn't have to worry about being paged later, as my co worker is on call this week. I went to bed at 4:30 AM and just got up at 10 AM. It feels rather devilish for some reason. What the hell?
 Did you know that it is still a good idea to do the old fashioned "head checks" while driving on a crazy four lane freeway, when merging into the adjacent lane? Two times in the last few weeks, while I was blinking and merging into the next lane, another car was doing the same thing at the exact same time. Since I had done a head check, I instantly popped back into my original lane and the other drivers didn't react. It made me wonder if they even realized that a collision had been avoided because I paid attention. What the hell?
 Did you know that most families have at least one sibling who gives you unsolicited advice during phone conversations, no matter what the topic? I have a sister who is infamous for doing that. Since I know that, I always caution my words and topics during our conversations because she is in her late 60's and thinks she has sound advice for every occasion, despite the fact that her life isn't anything to write home about. She rarely goes out or has gatherings with friends, and always complains about her son's in laws. She had to advise me for ten minutes about thumb drives and laptops, simply because I asked her if she has ever used Geek Squad services. Did she really think I don't know what a thumb drive is? She is also the person in the family you don't divulge secrets to because everyone else will know your secret. She was sharing stories with me about her son's in laws telling her daughter in law they think she's confrontational. Boy did she rant about that and I internally laughed...they are right...she can be. But if you say that to her, she won't admit it. She considers herself a person who, "tells it like it is." I have to decipher everything we discuss to find some positives. When you mention her name to a family member, we laugh...we all know that Mary is Mary. My friend KP and I have laughed about this many times because her family know it all is Patty. What the hell?
 Now you know.

Comments

Grumpy said…
Was wondering where you went off to. I've got you on an RSS feed, so if you write anything on Blogger I get notified. Kind of like stalking.

Every family has a know it all or a meddler. Mine is a cousin's wife. I try to stay out of her way.
kden said…
Thanks for setting me straight on so many topics today! I don't think we have a 'know-it-all' in our family but one sis in law usually gets eye rolls from my Mom and I. We only have family gatherings once a year and I pretty much keep to myself. Good to see you ♥

Popular posts from this blog

Curve Ball-First Pitch

The Observation Deck

Pane of Pain