Timely

 Why on earth is it a Saturday morning and I am up at 5:45? I am not on call, so I don't know why.  But, here I am with my new laptop sitting on my covered patio, listening to the rain and watching the gray give way to my view. I sit with my hot coffee just contemplating...oh oh...contemplating...we know what that means. Here comes a post about who knows what. (Smile here, or leave the page quickly...your choice.)
 My day yesterday was out of whack, since my lie of oversleeping and placing a call to my boss at 8:10 reporting this. I called my co worker as well, per his request, as he was at a doctor appointment. (Salt to the wound/lie.) She laughed and said, "No worries. Take your time." Of course I did, I had an interview! Guilt added to my guilty conscience.
 The interview went well but I have no inclination how far into the running for the position of Front Office Supervisor I am. I am not a good judge of these circumstances and I wouldn't be surprised if they choose a candidate that is more nursing savvy, as it is a health clinic, after all. Nonetheless, I add these situations to experience. Practice will some day make perfect.
 The rest of my pre planned lie needed to take hold. I had brought a change of clothing for my normal workday. My blouse and jacket transitioned from interview to workday perfectly and grabbing a different pair of shoes was the easy part, (part of the lie planning). It was changing from a skirt to my good jeans that posed the problem. I wanted to look like it was a normal, casual Friday. After the interview, as I headed out of town, my brain was trying to determine, "Where should I go to change?" An empty church parking lot caught my eye among the hustle and bustle of traffic and pedestrians in the area, but seemed too risky of having a stranger or a bum I didn't see approach my window and question my presence or hit me up for money, especially in my car with panties exposed, not a skirt or jeans. A fast food joint seemed logical, but I always feel guilty using their facilities without a food purchase. This morning I had enough guilt and decided I didn't give a hoot. I pulled in to a random J-in-the B and exactly where I parked was a side entrance. I grabbed my "non interview" clothes, stepped inside and instantly saw the restrooms to my right...not even near the food counter. I could be conspicuous. In and out in a matter of minutes. When that was done and I felt put together, I went to my car and put the "interview clothes" into the trunk. I didn't want any co workers seeing a change of clothes in my back seat while approaching their vehicles, at some point during the day. (Maybe I should have been in co hoots on jewel heists all these years. I would have probably made more money and I certainly thought of everything to cover up my lie.)
 When I arrived at the office 2.5 hours later than normal, (remember my commute is 50 minutes to work and an hour home), I felt as if guilt were worn on my sleeve, although it wasn't because as soon as I arrived, I left to do a scheduled home visit with a client. Upon retuning from that, things were basically normal with phone calls, scheduling and the like. It was interesting how my co worker and boss were in their own offices a lot more than normal. As the supervisor, my duty is to be the first to answer phones, greet visitors, applicants and problem solve first.  I am the first to be interrupted from tasks and a primary trainer of the office support person. He was back in my co worker's office most of the time assisting her. I think the weird vibe from them was I didn't give much of an explanation and I am far more responsible than sleeping in. I assume that is their conclusion, but, I don't know and it no longer matters. The day is done. I could not wait to leave for the weekend.
 When I arrived to my little nest, I started receiving text messages from my two friends, Jean and Kathleen. We all worked together at the old agency for years and have been trying to coordinate a get together. At the same time, my friend KP reminded me that her birthday gathering was tomorrow as well. After several text messages with the lot of them, I have it planned to go to KP's party in Shelton for a few hours and then pick up Jean to meet Kathleen. I usually am sitting around my little apartment on weekends and here I am almost double booked. (Smile here.)
 At some point on Sunday, I will do some important tasks like filing, tackle the work load I brought home and continue contemplating as needed.  Then, before I know it, it will be Monday and I will surely get to work on time.

Comments

kden said…
You rebel you :-) Glad you had a good weekend.

Popular posts from this blog

Curve Ball-First Pitch

The Observation Deck

Pane of Pain