Discovered a Lost Post
This last week I did go into a SeaMar clinic in Tacoma (near my job) to get a TB test...the final task of my new employment, other than negotiating a start date with the director. I have never had this test before, which consist of a few minutes of time and a nurse shooting a small amount of liquid under your forearm skin. Thee days later you need to go back and have a nurse see if you've developed a lump on the site. If so, something is not right. My mark went away within 24 hours, but I still needed to go to the clinic for a reading. I was able to do this in the clinic of my new employment, here in Olympia.
My friend Angie checked the site and afterwards, being one of the managers, had a nice conversation with me about the pending job. She explained one of the primary roles is being a leader to the staff and she told me of the autonomy of the position, and office tasks. Leadership is a main characteristic they sought.
A few nights ago, I composed my letter of resignation, after thinking about it for days. I have been on call again this week, and I swear, every time I was paged, I looked to the heavens and said, "I can't wait until this is done."
I have rewritten the letter several times and feel I have composed one with enough professionalism and personal feel, they shouldn't have a problem, other than the blow it will deliver all on its own. I feel like sharing it with you, despite not turning it in until my new job start date is scheduled.
Dear Brian and Kim,
Of course, I didn't mention the day of my interview and calling in late.
My friend Angie checked the site and afterwards, being one of the managers, had a nice conversation with me about the pending job. She explained one of the primary roles is being a leader to the staff and she told me of the autonomy of the position, and office tasks. Leadership is a main characteristic they sought.
A few nights ago, I composed my letter of resignation, after thinking about it for days. I have been on call again this week, and I swear, every time I was paged, I looked to the heavens and said, "I can't wait until this is done."
I have rewritten the letter several times and feel I have composed one with enough professionalism and personal feel, they shouldn't have a problem, other than the blow it will deliver all on its own. I feel like sharing it with you, despite not turning it in until my new job start date is scheduled.
Dear Brian and Kim,
It is with a heavy heart that I give you this
Letter of Resignation and notify you that my last day of employment with GTBHC
will be August 2, 2014. I have enjoyed working with you both, Bobbi, and the
care givers, (especially Donovan) these last 13 months. I appreciate everything
I have learned over the course.
A friend
shared a career opportunity with me when I wasn’t even searching for a job, and
it is not in the in home care industry. The organization has been terrific about
accommodating my current schedule in order to meet, interview and process the
new hire paperwork without interruption to my schedule. They are as anxious to
have the onboarding completed as I am. It is an
opportunity I can’t pass up. The organization is in Olympia and for the first
time in 15+ years, I will get to live AND work in the same city. This
opportunity will be so positive for my well-being; I will save $200 and 40
hours per month not commuting such a long distance. I will have a higher salary
and a company paid benefit package that is imperative to my last years in the
working world. Another positive fact is that I will no longer have to be “on
call,” and I have certainly paid my dues with that, over the years.
I hope my last weeks working with you will be
as friendly as always and that you understand my reasons for this resignation.
I am sorry this interferes with the audit in August. I was originally hoping to
work through that, but when it was postponed, I knew I could not delay my start
date with the new company any longer.
Again, thank you for the opportunity to work
at GTBHC. I will always refer care givers and clients to you when the
opportunity arises.
With Best
Regards and Respect,
Margi KennyOf course, I didn't mention the day of my interview and calling in late.
Comments