This and That

 I am five weeks into my new position as a Front Office Supervisor at a community health clinic. So far it seems to be going well. I am providing leadership which makes my director happy, am developing a relationship with my 11 staff members and seem to be liked. I am so appreciative of their support and help during this learning curve. They know their stuff and answer questions for me as needed. I received a compliment from my director during a conversation recently when I told him I was willing to take on more  tasks. I told him I felt as though I needed to alleviate some tasks from him, and he said, "You're doing great. I want to take this slow so you don't get overwhelmed, but I don't want you to get bored." I mentally thought, "he doesn't know how much I had on my plate in recent times." But, I will go with his flow. I must say, it is kind of weird being on a 90 day probation. I may assess things differently than this cooperate world who employs me.
 I just got off the phone with my daughter and we had a great, long conversation about the pending wedding...which is only a month away. I will be in Houston three weeks from now, which seems strange. I am going a week early to help with those final details and offer hugs and support as needed. I am so excited! As with most things in her life, she has it under control and her composure has been astounding. I really expected her to have more stressful moments than it appears she's had. Maybe she's saving those for those last few days prior to the wedding date of 10/18/14. That is OK. I am ready for anything.
 I have been looking for my "mother of the bride" dress to no avail. I have been to many shops in Olympia with no luck. Tomorrow I journey to Tacoma to the mall where people told me had better options. My plane ticket, has been purchased weeks ago, and I am going to secure a rental car for the duration, at a cost of $400. Crap!! My son will hopefully share the expense, but I know his finances are tightly wound as well. So, I shall persevere for this one time occasion...my daughter is getting married!
 Other than these events in life, things have been low key. My friend from up north is suppose to come for my birthday weekend and we will decide how to celebrate at that time. I am sure it will be low key and cheap as well, due to my pending trip the following week. That is OK, she and I are the ones who play nickel anti poker together and chat time away. I guess I should see what events are occurring that weekend and make some sort of plan or offer some options.
 I received a very interesting email the other day. It was from a long term care company here in Olympia. They are looking for a director. It asked me if I was interested in having a discussion about the position. I will mull this over and think about a professional response and debate whether or not I want to. After all, I finally got out of that world of long term care.

Comments

kden said…
I'm glad things are going well for you and you are more relaxed than past positions. DO NOT make that phone call to the long term care place!! Just kidding, do what your heart tells you.
Grumpy said…
Break the mold and stay away from the typical "Mother of the bride" dress. They always look matronly.
Claire M. King said…
I agree kden. I feel good right now. Thought I'd respond somehow. If nothing else to satisfy curiosity. Good advice grumpy. That's exactly what I am trying to do.

Popular posts from this blog

Curve Ball-First Pitch

The Observation Deck

Pane of Pain