Hoizon's Haze

As I sit, once again, pondering life and thoughts, on my cute, little balcony overlooking some hefty trees and grass, I think of my friends' lives as well as my own. My one dear friend has accepted a job on the east side of the United States, another is facing health challenges, (far worse than my high blood pressure...sigh here), and another, dear friend is recently unemployed. In keeping with my blogger friend, kden, "WTH" is going on here?
"At least I have a job, at least I have a job, at least I have a job." "At least I have my health, at least I have my health, at least I have my health." Is this what I want to say to myself? Day in, day out? Is this what I want my friends to settle for? "No, No, No."
If I were to stay true to myself in an attempt to maintain some of my characteristics, I would help these friends as much as possible. I am trying and offering. I will handle the upcoming circumstances in my life with fore thought and balance. I am trying. I am practical. I try to share that...no superficial anything with me. (sigh or smile here, depending on how you feel.)
Life. What is life? How is your life? What impact on earth will your life have? How do you plan for life? How can you feel confident in your life when things change with one phone call, one discussion, one simple action? How can you be satisfied with life if your mind wanders to more, imagined accomplishments and happiness?
I consider my friends accomplished, caring, driven women. What of their life, right now? Look at the impact those lives have on so many others' lives and happenings. Look at their choices and how those choices impact a simpleton like me. A person who loves them. A person who lives her life day by day, as they do their own and are able to share those days by days. What impact. (raise an eyebrow). What a waterfall of change and circumstance their choices have on others. Look what circumstances my choices put forth for others. No matter the slight of them or the magnitude of them, my choices affect more than me. They always will, as I have people who care for me and love me.(smile here.) My choices will always impact them, even to the least bit, until I am not of this earth. Those who I care about on this grounded plane, will always feel something for my choices. They love and care for me as I do them. And, sometimes an inner change is the only, noted difference you may have on someone. You, yourself, may not be knowledgeable of this difference. But that is a seed of impact, even if slight.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Well it seems you were also in a thoughtful, reflective mood this morning. Yes there are those who don't have jobs. I have a grandson unemployed now for some four months. His wife is working but her income leaves much to be desired they are living on reduced rations. A lot of people are out of work.

No this is not what you want your friends to settle for nor is it what you want to settle for. It's only a beginning. What we do is go from our lowly beginnings, stagger about for a time while things slowly, unseeable but slowly get better. sometimes we have to lower our standards a bit, but ultimately things get better. The 'better' usually starts with friends, then things we want, i.e., more money, better job, one special friend.

Some of those questions you're asking, What is life, what impact will we make. It's far too early to be asking those kind of questions. Some of us have the capability to have a positive impact on others, others, ruin more than can be repaired. Anyway, whatever life is, it seems to be a work in progress. But then, I am and have been over my heard, talking about stuff I know nothing about. This calls for solutions and I've always been the problem. Hope you've had a good day.
Claire M. King said…
bill, I want you to know that your thoughts and posts bring a smile to my face, as do kden's and grumpy's. The seed of impact...a smile or thoughtful information to be pondered. Thanks.ck

Popular posts from this blog

Curve Ball-First Pitch

The Observation Deck

Pane of Pain