Clearly
I am thoroughly enjoying the Toastmasters club I have joined. They are positive people and a warm atmosphere surrounds them. They recently voted me to be Vice President of Public Relations. I was a bit stammered in reading some of the roles expected, but I know I have accomplished leaders to question when needed. I am looking forward to having some tasks to help inform the club of events & information. They want to maintain their "distinguished" status. There is a criteria to meet to maintain that, so I am trying to learn those steps. Last Saturday I attended a district, breakfast conference and met many, many area Toastmasters from surrounding clubs. What fun! Then Monday night, I attended a district speech competition, of which two of our members competed. One moved on, as he took second place in Table Topics, an off the cuff question and answer segment. Our other member placed third in the Humorous Speech contest, so she did not "place" to move to the next competition. She should have. Her speech was terrific. Four of us who attended gathered at a local pub after the event and had a few snacks and a couple of drinks. What fun! I enjoy getting to know them more and more. Last Thursday, three of us ladies; myself as V.P. of P.R, the V.P. of Membership and the Club President had a dinner meeting at one gal's home. We discussed some club goals and criteria for myself, and again...what fun! This coming Tuesday at the club meeting, it is a Halloween costume meeting. I have yet to decide what type of costume to wear. Costumes have not been big on my list for years. (sigh)
My friend made it to Kentucky two weeks ago, and in a phone conversation, I noticed her "blue" attitude, but reminded her, when she becomes better acquainted with her new co workers, she will come out of her shell. I encouraged her to join some type of club or organization as another means to make new friends. I hope she does as this Toastmasters membership has helped me tremendously.
I have been maintaining contact with some old friends in that little town I had resided, and it is uplifting. Many promises to get together are spoken, so hopefully, we follow through.
My friend made it to Kentucky two weeks ago, and in a phone conversation, I noticed her "blue" attitude, but reminded her, when she becomes better acquainted with her new co workers, she will come out of her shell. I encouraged her to join some type of club or organization as another means to make new friends. I hope she does as this Toastmasters membership has helped me tremendously.
I have been maintaining contact with some old friends in that little town I had resided, and it is uplifting. Many promises to get together are spoken, so hopefully, we follow through.
Comments