Leaded Glass
...And time passes. Things change.
I have had some interesting items of happenstance, occur, as of late. Nothing groundbreaking, earth shattering, or major, just interesting...(at least to me...smile here). Two weekends ago, my Toastmaster friend asked if I would babysit her house and dog for a weekend, while she was away. It did not take hesitation to accept. She has a warm, wonderful residence, and has welcomed me there on numerous occasions. I was fortunate enough to have the sun glowing in our region, at that time. I skittled right from work to her home, without prior packing. I lounged on the deck admiring the evening view.
The Evening View.
It was quite relaxing and I simply cared for the dog, and used my mobile phone for checking emails, checking my ISN sites and chatting via the technology. I was also on call for the agency, and did have to respond to some pages. I went to bed rather early. On Saturday morning, after relaxing on the deck with fresh coffee, I took the dog for a walk and went to my place for a couple of hours, to pack my essentials, food and a couple of books.
.

The afternoon view.
This is the afternoon view I admired during my days of relaxation on the deck, while reading, and tinkering on my mobile phone. I even took a swimsuit and absorbed some sun. A perfect heat was bathing me.
During my tinkering, I loaded these pictures to my Facebook page, and my Twitter page right from that spot on her deck. I have participated in a game through another mobile phone application called "Foursquare." It is another avenue of building friendships, marketing etc...through a geocache application that lets you stand in a store, restaurant etc...check in and it posts to your social sites instantly, if you set it to do so. I have done this for a couple of months. I have about 39 friends from all over, including Derek. He is new to this game, thanks to me. This game allows you to share check ins and comments on how the food is or what bargains can be had at stores, etc... One guy actually sent me a Facebook request as he was already my Foursquare friend. I accepted after viewing his profile. He instantly commented on my pictures I posted, and during our messaging, I discovered he is quite funny. So, I just continued my private enjoyment of this lovely place in total, relaxation. I continued to get paged, responded to them as needed, did a bit of computer work, tidied up my friend's house, cared for the dog and read, and read, and read.
When my friend arrived home Sunday evening, we visited for a few hours, had a snack and some wine, (of course). She and I can talk about anything under the sun, whether it is business, recreation or personal sharing. She envisions me helping her launch a business she is going to start. She is an experienced entrepreneur, retired 6 weeks ago, but unable to sit still. We made plans for me to come to her house the next weekend to start planning a rearrangement of her basement, to accommodate this potential business. Then, per invitation, I went and hung out with Derek.
Monday came too quickly, and the work load is still daunting. I did not even go to Toastmaster's Tuesday as I and my floating help worked late. But interesting enough, my texting friend had invited me to meet him later that evening to have a drink and meet in person, as our chats and jokes (and a phone call) had continued. I accepted, and when we reached the pub, he "checked in" on Foursquare, as did I. We talked for four solid hours, and literally, closed the joint down. This was during our sipping of a couple of drinks. (mine, wine of course.) We did connect on several levels, learning of each other and showing each other pictures from our mobile phones and social sites. It was nice.
Derek had called and invited me to his home for dinner on Wednesday night. He made a lovely meal of enchiladas and salad. I was there very late too. He and I can talk for hours and not miss a beat. There is always that comfort zone with Derek, an enchanting quality. I could tell something was on his mind and he eventually approached the subject of seeing my weekend pictures being posted and seeing this guy make comments on them, as well as seeing my check in with the new guy at the pub. I told him how our meeting had occurred and told him we chatted for hours. He admitted to letting this bother him a bit, which he didn't like, as he knew we had no strings of attachment. I did my best to acknowledge his feelings while gently reminding him, I do not want to be in relationship with anyone. We ended our evening on a very good note, as usual, but it riddled my mind a bit that he was jealous.
This pondering of mine, encircling Derek, create leaded glass on my view of this situation. Portions are visible, but it is weighed down as they are now involving another person's feelings. I do not intentionally hurt people.
(This week is not over, yet.)


Comments
Sometimes I think that technology offers too much freedom to post our daily goings-on. Then when the circle of friends gets larger, feeling are going to be hurt. Hurt feeling are definately not your fault but the responsibility of the owner. But then we start to write more censored which kills the creativity. I am speaking from person feelings here and in no way telling you what to do. Sometimes even on FB I write things that I look at and delete later, which makes me happy that at least I have my blog and wonderful blogger friends to talk to, away from everyone else, private, and without editing.