Mom's Last Washington Holiday

 The four day Thanksgiving weekend has been lovely. I fear it will be difficult to return to work on Monday. I have been busy helping my mother pack and clean throughout these days. Getting down to bare bones now. My son from Seattle joined us on Thanksgiving at my sister's home at Pacific Beach, on the coast of Washington. She does not live on the water, but we had a drive along the beach towards her home. I had my mom and brother in the car with me. Traveling was fine and weather was not too bad. Hit some rainy and windy spots, but not too threatening. Six of us for the meal. This was smaller than normal for us. My youngest son, decided to participate in the Turkey Bowl, which is an annual football game played among him and his friends. Then he went to his girlfriend's family gathering. It was a bit odd not having him with us, but at 24, he will make his own decisions. He is to go and see his grandma tomorrow before she leaves the state, which will be Wednesday am. My eldest and I spent the night at my mom's, each of us sacking out on her couches. We worked very hard on Friday with projects and packing her up. When he told her good bye at the end of the day, it really pulled on the heartstrings. My time will be Monday after work, when I see her for the last time. (sigh here).
 Upon my arrival home Friday pm, my roomie and her mom were here and we had some wine and watched a movie. It was nice, but boy was I beat. I think I lay in bed and zonked right out.
 Today, I went back to mom's place and attended a neighborhood good bye party that was planned by her friends. Mom looked good today. She was very shiny and glowing as the 30 attendees chatted and hugged her. They all have fond memories of her. She's lived in that neighborhood for 30 years and has a classy reputation. Many have been playing cards together on Wednesdays for many years. She is blessed to have this support group. We have all been blessed to have her grace our lives.
  I found this draft this evening and decided to post it in it's simplicity.

Comments

Anonymous said…
It reads like a nominee for the Nobel Award at the Swedish Academy.
kden said…
Simplicity is good. Hope your Mom is settling in nicely and bravo to her for making a big move like this later in life.
Claire M. King said…
Response; bill, I don't know what the Swedish Academy is, but nobel award sounds nice. I think.
kden, she is settling in and it isa big deal for her to move. I feel she did this as that's where she wants to pass in peace with more family around.
Anonymous said…
Bill wouldn't know either but the
Swedish Academy is were Nobel is presented. Whoa... hello there.

Popular posts from this blog

Curve Ball-First Pitch

The Observation Deck

Pane of Pain