The Blogger Buds




                                               
                                     kden & Claire at their lunch date in Ellensburg, WA

 On Saturday, September 22, kden and I had arranged to meet 1/2 way between our Eastern and Western Washington locations. The town this year, Ellensburg. We met at a somewhat, famous fruit stand...Thorpe Fruit Stand. It was started in the mid forties and has grown to not only accommodate local, fresh produce, but houses two floors of antiques as well, which are sold "on consignment". We meandered through the antiques for a while, then travelled nine miles to the little town of Ellensburg, where we enjoyed each other's company and a nice lunch. kden has a beaming, bright smile, as always. We discussed our personal lives and our blogger life. Yep, we talked about our friendly followers, too. Were your ears burning? (smile here). We decided that our fellow, blogger family means a lot to us. Especially those who comment on our posts. She has far more followers than I, and I know why...her posts bring a smile to our faces, don't they? I laughed at one point and told her, "I write better when I'm sad". (laugh here.)
 Before we parted ways, we talked the waiter into snapping these pictures to share. (And, no, I don't have a black eye, even though the first picture looks as though I do.)
 My trip to meet kden was without incident. As usual, I had my music cranked and drove off into the sunset towards home. I arrived home before dark, and relaxed the rest of the night. It was a 2.5 hour drive each way for me, and probably for kden. But well worth it!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Well now this is beginning to be a habit, this taking off and meeting up in far away places.
kden said…
Sweet! My post will be up in a few days. I'm only using one photo though, the other one is not very flattering for either of us ;-) You would thank me. I had a good time and next time lunch is on me!
Claire M. King said…
Funny, bill. It was great seeing you kden. I think it is very cool that we get to do this once in a while.
john bain said…
It's wonderful ain't it, this blogging business?
Nice to see you both.
Grumpy said…
Cool that you are close enough to do this. What did she say about me?
Claire M. King said…
I'll never tell, grumpy...:):)
Claire M. King said…
This blogging business is wonderful, hub.
Anonymous said…
I truly find this a interesting subject. Never looked at this subject in this manner. If you are planning to create more articles relating to this subject, I definitely will be back in the near future!
Anonymous said…
Thank you for the sensible critique. Me & my cousin were just preparing to do some research on this. We got a book from our local library but I think I learned better from this post. I’m very glad to see such great info being shared freely out there…

Popular posts from this blog

Curve Ball-First Pitch

The Observation Deck

Pane of Pain