Lights in the Heights: The End is the Beginning

 I could feel myself getting more tired as time passed at this party at the Heights. My feet were quite sore as my heeled boots had been on me for at least 18 hours, since before dawn, when I journeyed to the airport to catch my flight, in ample time.
Some of Shauna's new family members.
Goofing around with the kids; Lights in the Heights.

Mom and Daughter






  Before we actually left the party, myself, my daughter, her fiance' and a few friends trekked through the Heights to admire the lighting displays on the houses. By this time, we all were a bit tipsy and Shauna & Eric were on a natural high to boot. We had a lot of fun walking through the neighborhood and sharing the excitement with each other. Not only were they getting hugs and congratulations from all present, they were getting text messages and phone calls, as the word was spreading. We eventually hailed a cab for the transport to Shauna and Eric's home.
 The next am, Sunday was relaxing for me, but the kids kept getting texts, calls and emails. It was an onslaught of congratulations. I loved seeing them shine every time they relayed the story to the receiver or inquirer. All day long, Shauna kept saying, "I'm engaged."  It was delightful.
 We eventually met his parents at a local restaurant called, Goode's Company & BBQ, Armadillo Palace. They have a huge armadillo statue at the entrance. I encouraged my girl to take a shot of me, posing with the beast. There is a future purpose for it too...that's another post. (smile here). On Monday, Eric and Shauna had regular school and work to attend, so I relaxed at their house until my daughter took me to the airport. Flights both directions was great, time in Houston was amazing, and I arrived back at home around 10:30pm. What an eventful weekend. The end of my trip marks the beginning of their journey together.


Comments

Anonymous said…
Congratulations. Glad it was a fun weekend. Enjoy those special moments as you can.
john bain said…
Sounds like a great time was had by all.
I sympathise about the high heels. They can be a nightmare. :-)
kden said…
A beautiful way to end the year...
Claire M. King said…
Thanks bill, hub and kden. It was such an honor to be there for the event.

Popular posts from this blog

Curve Ball-First Pitch

The Observation Deck

Pane of Pain