A Knock

 I had three paragraphs of a new post written and it disappeared! That is because I am in a lovely home, dog and house sitting at my friend, KP's house. She left me her laptop to use so I wouldn't need to dismantle my personal computer to bring for the four day stint. I discovered during my move, that process isn't difficult and I really contemplated bringing it...no computer is as compatible to me as mine. This laptop is so sensitive with the mouse pad and if my palm barely touches it, the cursor skips all over hell and I end up typing in strange places or accidentally deleting my work. (growl here). I guess I need to pay attention in order to avoid that mishap again.
 No job yet but I have had three interviews lately. One with a mom and pops roofing company, one with Dept. of Revenue and one with a job coaching company, helping individuals with handicaps gain employment. Talk about a fit for that job! I worked with the disabled for 17 years and I certainly know about job searching. I just don't know how to land one. (smile here). Don't be shocked but I did get offered the Administration Assistant job with the roofing company. I turned it down as the pay was low and no benefits were included, and there was no career laddering improvements. The owner was a bit snippy...she's only about 35 and has had two assistants in nine months. Is that a hint? I decided not to take it because there was no career growth at all and I had the job coaching interview lined up for the day she wanted me to start work. I can live with the pay cut, but I didn't leave a career for a lessor career that would hit stagnation in a matter of months. (Pick your jaws up off the floor.)
 Wow, it is late here in Washington. I imagine grumpy is getting up back East to either start his day or go pee...not sure which. I think it is 4 or 5AM there. I fell asleep on the couch watching TV earlier, thus, I am awake now. I don't like this situation when it occurs. I have enough restless nights without this happening.
 I decided to check in with my blogger family and read a few posts and empty my brain of incidentals. I  wanted to at least knock on your door to remind you all I am still alive and well.

Comments

kden said…
Grumpy getting up at 5:00? You've got to be kidding, ha. Thanks for coming by to knock on my blog door, I've missed you.

That is a wide range of inerviews you had there. I think you made the right decision on the one you passed up.

Laptops with the touchpad take some getting used to but I sure love mine now.
john bain said…
pleased to hear you are alive and well. I am having curser trouble too. good luck with the interview.
Anonymous said…
Good to hear from you. I have been thinking of you lately, wondering how you were doing and what was going on with you and hopeful that things are looking up.
Grumpy said…
Wait a minute. I'm up most mornings between 5:30-6:00 a.m. when the dog sticks her nose in my ear. I seldom fall back asleep and even if I do Mrs. Grumpy is up at 6:45 to get ready for work, so we all get up.

When you use someone's computer, go into settings and change the sensitivity to make it comfortable for you.

Sounds like a promising interview. I don't picture you at a dead end job with a roofing company.
Anonymous said…
So glad you all popped in to read my post. I appreciate it!
Thanks for the updates, Claire. Hope some good news comes with those interviews . Cursors can sometimes be by uncooperative.

Popular posts from this blog

Curve Ball-First Pitch

The Observation Deck

Pane of Pain