Road Trip: Home Stretch

  Now that I was on the home stretch, I did feel great comfort and peace surround me as I listened to this book and the unusual occurrences in the author's life for a summer, a matter of months, where her patience was challenged more so than ever before.
 The story revolves around this period in her life where her 20 year marriage was being tested, her husband was ready to leave and her best defense became no defense. Her common phrase was, "I chose to step out of sorrow." She allowed her husband space and solitude to work through his own doubts and questions of his life goals, even during the times she was not sure if he had fallen for another woman, or if his discontent stemmed from his lack of achievements. The concept resonated me as it made me see how to handle challenges in my future with more grace, self confidence and by stepping our of sorrow.
 I was home now and eager to come inside and listen to the remaining few CD's of the eight disc set. I dug out my small compact stereo and listened to the rest as I did dishes & laundry. I reflected on my past two marriages and thought about the times I should have practiced her advice, should have had more patience, but remembered the times when I showed it often and strongly. When my sanity and patience and goals were disregarded time and again, I needed the ending that happened. It matters not how I feel now or what insight resonated with me, the outcomes are the same and I can only hope to remember these tactics written in this book, for future use.
 That was my afternoon on this small road trip to peace.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Curve Ball-First Pitch

The Observation Deck

Pane of Pain