Rockin'

 So why on earth am I blogging at 7:30 AM on a Sunday? I was paged at 6:20 AM from an ill caregiver. My mind has been thinking about which caregiver to call so early in the day for assistance with a client and thinking about their schedule for the day and who may be willing to help. (frown here). Not only does it rattle you...getting woken from a dreamy sleep so abruptly, but now I feel bad because I have to do the same to someone else. It doesn't make me feel good. I didn't start calling people quite that early. I am waiting until now to do so. I got lucky; one of my client's regular caregivers will check on my 9:00 AM client long enough to give him his medications and breakfast, (smile here).
 This last week at work has been a hectic week of scheduling crisis, completing home visits, training my new support staff guy, interviewing for new employees, managing tasks with the phone ringing off the hook and dealing with paper pushing and such...I was exhausted every night by the time I drove my hour home. But...I have a job, I have a job, I have a job. Right? Right. Sorry, but that and the people I work with are the positives of the job. It's hard to find other positives. My passion for helping people is null and void.
 Since I had my compact stereo already situated in my kitchen from my road trip a week ago, I plugged in some of my favorite CD's and I guess I was rockin' to tunes while rockin' out housework, yesterday. It felt good and reminded me that I haven't done that in a long time. I'll do it again today. I have Pandora on my computer and used to listen to music with it all of the time, or my little stereo. For some unknown reason, it has been a forgotten motivator. Music makes me energized...I need to use this tactic for production more often. Now, I have stacks of CD's situated by my stereo in the kitchen and will reconnect with my Pandora. It's the simple things in life, right? Right.
 Have a beautiful Sunday blogger friends. Keep some music in your forefront...I highly recommend it.
 At 8:06 AM, my client I was worried about called to cancel his caregiver. His friend is picking him up for church. I did my best to encourage him taking his meds now prior to leaving. We'll see if he remembers or not. He is developmentally delayed and doesn't remember little tasks like that. I did get a hold of the caregiver so she can go on with her day. So what's that? Five phone calls for one little situation? Yep...the life of an in home care supervisor. I didn't even tell you about the other client I have to cover at 2 PM because of the sick worker. But those calls can wait. (Blah.)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Curve Ball-First Pitch

The Observation Deck

Pane of Pain