The Breakdown

 OK OK, it may be time for me to just break down and purchase a new computer. No matter how often I use cleaning programs and the like, this computer gets slower each week. My blood pressure goes up after six attempts to get onto Facebook or my Yahoo account. Clicking in the wrong spot brings up worlds of wierd screens...my son thinks I have a virus. I saw that the Geek Squad is running a special at the local Office Depot, so I may try that avenue of computer clean up before I spend $400-700 on a new device. I just had to buy a new cell phone because my old one of three years pooped out and the cracked screen was getting worse and blocking my view of screen icons. This was thanks to dropping it a time or two getting out of the car at work.
 I ended up buying a Galaxy III Mini. I love it and it certainly dis sways the use of my crappy computer because I can access as many programs much quicker on my phone.(Ha.) I am debating about getting a laptop, of which I am not the biggest fan. But with all of the tools compatible to them now, portable keyboard & mouse, they are more like a desk top computer if desired than a laptop. So I will spend some time this weekend shopping about. I have been checking them out on occasion lately...I didn't want to rush into such a decision without researching. Plus, I bring up the topic with friends to get their input. So...I am sure a new computer is in my near future.

Comments

Grumpy said…
We went through one desktop and three laptops in 10 years; all were PC's with Windows based operating systems. Constantly had repair issues and glitches and slow downs.

A friend who is a tech guru finally convinced me that Apple was the way to go. Yes, it will cost you more than the PC, but since switching we have had 3 years of no glitches, no viruses and no repair costs.

For what we paid for the first 4 computers and repairs we could have bought 2-3 Apple products.

Popular posts from this blog

Curve Ball-First Pitch

The Observation Deck

Pane of Pain