The Plunge
Whelp, yes, I finally did it. After prodding from friends, listening to humorous, horror and heartfelt stories, I finally did it. I took the plunge and joined Match.com. I haven't been involved with anyone for 4 plus years and my last attraction when apartment hunting three years ago had left me quite satisfied with my independence. I have been content with my life. I am proud of the steps I took in the last few years to land me on my feet, yet again.
Am I lonely? No. Do I need a man to feel whole? No. Do I miss sex? No. Do I miss companionship with that of a man? No. Was I forced to take this step into the cyber world of dating? No. I actually don't have a strong need for this. I think I just thought it might be nice not to be alone for the next twenty, thirty years. I think I just need something to do other than hang out with my girlfriends of Toastmaster friends for social outings. I guess it would be nice to have someone to converse with in the evenings. Someone to give me a hug now and again. Someone to create a partnership with that isn't one sided-his side.
I have chatted with my ladies over previous meals and visits who have shared their experiences. Some good, some not so good. I know I don't hang out at places full of men, bars. sporting events, sports stores, produce departments, etc...So, other than a random outing and a happenstance meeting, it won't happen. So, being in the comforts of my home and reading profiles and viewing pictures seems the next, obvious choice.
I am cautious, not revealing too much of myself and certainly smart enough to protect my real phone number and personal email until the time is comfortable and right. I am not whimsical or senseless enough to hand out my personal address nor, NOT meet these lucky guys in public for awhile. Remember, I do have trust issues and my heart still has tinfoil around it. It is just being unfolded a bit.
I am open to ideas or suggestions if my blogger friends so choose. I am even open to grumpy posting an article about a horrible act of violence from an internet interlude. That is my mindset-I am being open and not putting expectations on this trial run.
I am just taking a plunge to clear out some curiosity and see if its time to do some plumbing work.
Am I lonely? No. Do I need a man to feel whole? No. Do I miss sex? No. Do I miss companionship with that of a man? No. Was I forced to take this step into the cyber world of dating? No. I actually don't have a strong need for this. I think I just thought it might be nice not to be alone for the next twenty, thirty years. I think I just need something to do other than hang out with my girlfriends of Toastmaster friends for social outings. I guess it would be nice to have someone to converse with in the evenings. Someone to give me a hug now and again. Someone to create a partnership with that isn't one sided-his side.
I have chatted with my ladies over previous meals and visits who have shared their experiences. Some good, some not so good. I know I don't hang out at places full of men, bars. sporting events, sports stores, produce departments, etc...So, other than a random outing and a happenstance meeting, it won't happen. So, being in the comforts of my home and reading profiles and viewing pictures seems the next, obvious choice.
I am cautious, not revealing too much of myself and certainly smart enough to protect my real phone number and personal email until the time is comfortable and right. I am not whimsical or senseless enough to hand out my personal address nor, NOT meet these lucky guys in public for awhile. Remember, I do have trust issues and my heart still has tinfoil around it. It is just being unfolded a bit.
I am open to ideas or suggestions if my blogger friends so choose. I am even open to grumpy posting an article about a horrible act of violence from an internet interlude. That is my mindset-I am being open and not putting expectations on this trial run.
I am just taking a plunge to clear out some curiosity and see if its time to do some plumbing work.
Comments