Officer and a Gentleman

 With the very busy holiday season and changes with the Toastmaster's club, Match has not been my priority, however I check that system emails, etc...search a bit for a catchy profile, but certainly did not dwell with the site.
 One guy living in Olympia who is 6'2" and has a aforementioned profile, connected with me through Match email. Most photos were decent but his kind eyes caught my attention. The second photo was a pose on big steps in an officer's uniform. His 6'2" frame wore it well.
 Through emailing we bantered or wrote back and forth and finally, decided to meet for coffee on a Saturday morning at 11:00 AM.
 Nice looking man walked through the coffee shop door while I stood waiting for my latte' to be made. The morning was very nippy in the PNW, and the coffee house patrons filled all of the tables. This guest reprieve from the cold created a brief awkwardness when he paid for his coffee and we noticed there were no more chairs available for seating. I stood in line beside him and my tennis shoes warranted a compliment form him, apparently. I kind of laughed at his attention to the two year old walking shoes.
 We sat at a small table in the chill. After a half hour spent getting acquainted, we walked across the street to the farmer's market and spent half hour perusing the venue.  It was a good first meeting.
 I am also building a small group of gentlemen that I am messaging, texting or emailing with. A couple of phone calls between  a few of them is making me more confident with some of my choices.
 The following week kept us in contact via email.  Officer and a Gentleman and I arranged another meeting after we talked on the phone. He invited me to walk a local boardwalk through a delta and sanctuary the next weekend. We met and walked for two hours on the trails and buildings on the site, including the visitor's center. It was nice. we parted ways very proper and kindly in the parking lot. I shared with him that I was going to go to a local restaurant and lounge for breakfast service. He had planned to take down his Christmas tree and politely declined my invitation to join me, yet, leaving a statement with me that, "We should get together and have a meal."  I emailed  him and have not heard back. So, his reason for the sudden lack of response is unknown to me.
 But....I went and had fun at The Ram Restaurant and lounge while watching the first half of the Seahawk's game. I indulged in a Bloody Mary and a brunch before switching to coffee for warmth. The walk with Officer had been freezing...literally...it snowed.
 I had such a good time by myself and goofing around in the excitement of the football game with other customers, I am thinking about going back tomorrow for the game. But, I have a feeling I will stay home and relax.

Comments

kden said…
I envy that you seem to enjoy other's company as well as going out by yourself. Sounds like your journey is fun.
Claire M. King said…
Remember that if one goes south kden, and I whine
like a sap.

Popular posts from this blog

Curve Ball-First Pitch

The Observation Deck

Pane of Pain